General Knowledge (GK) and Current Affairs 2013- 18thMarch
General Knowledge is an important parameter which decides that either candidates passed exam or failed. So make yourself ready to grasp the latest general knowledge and current affairs questions every day. This is the step taken by AllGovtJobs to provide its reader beneficial knowledge.
AllGovtJobs want your success!!! Here are some current affairs and GK quiz questions, hope you find it advantageous.
1. Veer Bhadra Mishra, who recently passed away was a well known ——–?
c. Classical Singer
2. Jorge Mario Bergoglio, who is elected as the Catholic Church’s new Poper hails from which among the following countries?
3. Which among the following committee is set up for giving clear definitions to FDI and FII?
a. Gopinathan committee
b. Subir Gokran committee
c. Arvind Mayaram committee
d. Arvind Menon committee
Answer: Arvind Mayaram Committee
4. Who among the following has been recently formally appointed as the China’s president?
a. Li Keqiang
b. Deng Xiaoping
c. Bo Xilai
d. Xi Jinping
Answer: Xi Jinping
5. Recently, in which among the following countries, the giant Atacama Large Millimeter/ submillimeter Array (ALMA) telescope is unveiled?
d. South Africa
6. What is the rank of India in the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Human Development Report for 2013?
7. Recently, which among the following countries ha successfully extracted natural gas from methane hydrate deposits under the sea, in the first example of production of the gas offshore?
8. The changthangi or pashmina goat is found in ———?
b. Jammu & Kashmir
c. Tamil Nadu
Answer: Jammu & Kashmir
9. Sour gas is natural gas or any other gas containing significant amounts of:
a. Hydrogen sulfide
b. Carbon dioxide
c. Nitrogen oxide
d. Carbon monoxide
Answer: Hydrogen Sulfide
10.With reference to environment conservation, CITES is also better known as:
a. Philadelphia Convention
b. Geneva Convention
c. Paris Convention
d. Washington Convention
Answer: Washington Convention