General Knowledge (GK) and Current Affairs 2013: 20thMarch
Hello friends! Hope you are enjoying our new program to provide general knowledge and current affairs information. AllGovtJobs main aim is to provide best material to their readers so that they easily make their own way to success.
AllGovtJobs want your success!!! Here are some current affairs and GK quiz questions, hope you find it advantageous.
1. Recently, who among the following has been chosen for the prestigious Saraswati Samman 2012?
a. Shankha Ghosh
b. Indira Parthasarathy
d. Sunil Gangopadhyay
2. In which among the following cities of India, the first all women court was set up recently?
3. The Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) works under which among the following ministries?
a. Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA)
b. Ministry of Finance
c. Ministry of Law and Justice
d. Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Answer: Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA)
4. Recently, which among the following has launched its all electric four-seater passenger car, the e2o in India?
a. Ford India
b. Mahindra and Mahindra
c. Tata Motors
d. Maruti Suzuki
Answer: Mahindra and Mahindra
5. In which among the following countries, the world’s biggest dinosaur park is slated to come up?
a. South Africa
6. A new committee has been set up by Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry, to put in place a policy on energy security and prepare a roadmap for enhancing domestic oil and gas production to reduce dependence on exports by 2030. Who leads this committee?
a. Vijay Kelkar committee
b. B.K. Chaturvedi committee
c. Raghunath Anant Mashelkar committee
d. Shankar Acharya committee
Answer: Vijay Kelkar Committee
7. World’s largest concentrated solar power plant has been opened recently by —–?
c. United Arab Emirates
Answer: United Arab Emirates
8. The lowest dropout rate of school students in the country is in —–?
a. Andhra Pradesh
c. West Bengal
9. HPCL is setting up an oil refinery in Rajasthan, which is the biggest ever investment in the desert State. This refinery is coming up in —-?
10. Which among the following is a Coral Island?